Googled the ingredients I had on hand, got inspired, improvised, and came up with a yummy menu tonight:
Portobello & Red Pepper Sandwich Melt
1. Chop and sautee portobello mushroom and red bell pepper in butter (4-5 min or until soft).
2. Mix 2 t light mayo, 1 t spicy brown mustard, and a splash of poppyseed dressing. Spread on one side of sandwich bread.
3. Put one thin slice havarti cheese on each side of bread, fill with mushroom/pepper, and heat sandwich on both sides with butter in skillet. Cheese melts, heaven ensues.
Couscous & Black Bean Salad
1. Boil 2/3 C vegetable broth. Add 1/2 C (uncooked) couscous. Stir and cover and remove from heat. Let sit off burner.
2. Whisk together 2 T olive oil with juice of 1 small lime and 1/2 T red wine vinegar and a couple shakes each of cumin and onion powder. Add 1/4 C chopped fresh cilantro, 1/2 chopped red bell pepper, and 1 drained can of black beans and stir til coated.
3. Fluff couscous with a fork and add to the bowl. Toss, add salt and pepper to taste.
4. Eat immediately or cover in fridge.
Baked sweet potatoes (no recipe here!)
Waiting to be joined a friend, who is bringing wine. We will eat, drink, and do homework! Dinner with Justin Martyr… That’s grad school for ya!
umm…ok. making couscous and black bean salad tonight. thank you, chef mere mere.