Googled the ingredients I had on hand, got inspired, improvised, and came up with a yummy menu tonight:
Portobello & Red Pepper Sandwich Melt
1. Chop and sautee portobello mushroom and red bell pepper in butter (4-5 min or until soft).
2. Mix 2 t light mayo, 1 t spicy brown mustard, and a splash of poppyseed dressing. Spread on one side of sandwich bread.
3. Put one thin slice havarti cheese on each side of bread, fill with mushroom/pepper, and heat sandwich on both sides with butter in skillet. Cheese melts, heaven ensues.
Couscous & Black Bean Salad
1. Boil 2/3 C vegetable broth. Add 1/2 C (uncooked) couscous. Stir and cover and remove from heat. Let sit off burner.
2. Whisk together 2 T olive oil with juice of 1 small lime and 1/2 T red wine vinegar and a couple shakes each of cumin and onion powder. Add 1/4 C chopped fresh cilantro, 1/2 chopped red bell pepper, and 1 drained can of black beans and stir til coated.
3. Fluff couscous with a fork and add to the bowl. Toss, add salt and pepper to taste.
4. Eat immediately or cover in fridge.
Baked sweet potatoes (no recipe here!)
Waiting to be joined a friend, who is bringing wine. We will eat, drink, and do homework! Dinner with Justin Martyr… That’s grad school for ya!